Lime mojitos are a classic and much loved cocktail! Rum + lime + mint make such a refreshing combination and such a delightful drink on a hot summer day. These delicious cocktails only require a handful of ingredients and are super easy to make!
How do you make a lime mojito?
A ‘muddler’ or a spoon is all that you need to mix the perfect lime mojitos. Once you have made a simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water, boiled together until the sugar dissolves), you simply muddle all of the ingredients together in a glass or pitcher and you are all set!
The lime and mint should be fresh for the best mojitos, but lime cordial works too if you can’t get your hands on any fresh ones. Since rum is the only alcoholic component, a good quality rum is a must!
This recipe is for one serve, but you can easily multiply the quantities to add to a pitcher when entertaining. Simply follow the instructions below, but add the ingredients to a large jug or pitcher.
- 10-12 mint leaves
- 1 lime cut in half
- 3 tbsp simple syrup see instructions below
- 30 ml rum or more, to taste
- mineral or soda water
- crushed ice
- lime wedges
- extra mint
For the simple syrup
- To make a simple sugar syrup, place one cup of water and one cup of sugar into a small saucepan and bring to a low simmer. Continue to simmer, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved. Allow to cool.
For the mojito (single serve)
- In a tall glass, gently crush and muddle together the mint leaves and lime juice.
- Add the simple syrup, rum and ice and top with mineral or soda water. Stir well and garnish with a sprig of mint and lime wedges. Enjoy!
Subscribe to The Cooking Collective to have more beautiful recipes, freebies and more delivered straight to your inbox.