Recipe for Homemade Pizza Sauce
Master your own homemade pizza sauce at home using this simple, no-cook recipe! With a delicious tomato base and authentic Italian flavours, this easy sauce contains minimal ingredients and can be ready in minutes! Store it in your freezer for pizza night at home, any time you want!
Servings: 5 large pizzas
- 5-6 tbsp tomato paste heaped tablespoons
- ⅓ cup canned, diced tomatoes or passata
- 1 tsp dried Italian herb mix or ½ tsp each of basil and oregano
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt, to taste I use ½ tsp.
- pepper and chilli flakes, to taste.
- fresh basil and oregano finely chopped
Place all of the ingredients together in a small bowl and stir to combine.
The sauce is ready to use once everything has been stirred together. Spoon over homemade pizza dough or prepared pizza bases and cover with cheese and your favourite toppings. Enjoy!
- Diced, canned tomatoes or passata are perfect for making homemade pizza sauce. Fresh tomatoes make a watery sauce. Ensure that you have plain, ‘nothing added’ canned tomatoes, as we are going to add the flavour ourselves!
- Mixed Italian herbs can be found in most supermarkets. But if you don't have any on hand, use equal parts (½ tsp each) of dried basil and oregano.
- Depending on how thick you like your pizza sauce to be, this recipe makes enough to fill a 350 gram jar, or enough for around 4-6 large pizzas.
This sauce freezes beautifully and that’s why it is so handy! To freeze;
To thaw, simply place the containers in the fridge, or place them in the sink and let them thaw at room temperature.
- Once you have made a batch (or two, or three!), spoon the sauce into desired portion sizes into small, airtight containers.
- Label and date the containers and store in the freezer.
- This homemade pizza sauce will last around 4-5 months when frozen.
Calories: 93kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 382mg | Potassium: 192mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 263IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg