Creamy, fresh and completely delicious, this easy guacamole is perfect for entertaining! With just six ingredients (and any of your favourite add-ins), it can be whipped up in just five minutes to complement healthy nachos, vegetable platters, Mexican food and more!
Servings: 1 cup
- ½ red onion very finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno chilli optional, very finely chopped
- ¼ cup coriander fresh, chopped
- 3-4 tbsp lime juice juice of approx. 1-2 limes.
- 2 avocados large and ripe/soft. Mashed with a fork
- ⅓ cup fresh tomato or cherry tomatoes, diced into small pieces
- salt and pepper to taste (approx. ¼ tsp salt).
Optional: Place the chopped onion, jalapeno and coriander into a mortar and pestle (or use a bowl with a fork). Add the lime juice and grind into a paste. This step can be skipped if you prefer a chunkier guacamole.
Using a fork, mash the avocados in a bowl until mostly smooth.
Squeeze and discard a little of the juice from the tomatoes and then stir all of the ingredients together until combined.
- Soft, ripe avocados are essential in this recipe!
- Lime juice is used to prevent browning and add flavour. Fresh lime juice is recommended, as bottled doesn't taste the same. If you don't have limes, lemons will work too.
- Make ahead - all of the ingredients can be chopped ahead, so that all you need to do when ready to serve is slice and mash the avocados and mix everything together.
- Depending on the size of the avocados, this recipe yields about one cup and can be easily multiplied to make more.
- Storage. Guacamole is best eaten as soon as it is made, but can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. If you are making it ahead and storing it for later, add a little extra lime juice to prevent browning. You can also add the avocado seed to the bowl to help prevent browning, and cover with a layer of clingfilm pressed directly onto the surface.
- For a chunkier texture, roughly chop the ingredients and stir them through. For a smooth texture, the ingredients (except the tomatoes) can be added to a food processor and blended until it reaches the desired consistency.
Calories: 861kcal | Carbohydrates: 78g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 62g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Sodium: 161mg | Potassium: 4911mg | Fiber: 35g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 4855IU | Vitamin C: 420mg | Calcium: 798mg | Iron: 28mg