Salted Caramel Bliss Balls Recipe
These completely indulgent salted caramel nut free bliss balls are healthy, refined sugar and dairy free. Best of all, they taste like a decadent dessert! With a sweet caramel flavour and a little burst of salt, these healthy bliss balls are kid friendly and completely delicious. Perfect for breakfast on the go, a tasty lunchbox treat or a nutritious vegan snack.
- 12 large medjool dates pitted
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup desiccated coconut plus a little extra for rolling
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- salt flakes to taste, around ¼ tsp
- 2 tbsp sunflower seed butter or tahini
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- water if required
Place all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until the ingredients completely break down and start to stick together. This may take a few minutes. Once broken down, the mixture should stick as is, but may require a teaspoon of water at a time (while blending) to come together. Only add water if required.
Roll the mixture into balls of preferred size and roll in extra coconut. Store in the fridge or freezer for when required. Enjoy!
- Sunflower butter is used in this recipe, but can be swapped for tahini. Sunflower butter can be found in health food stores.
- Medjool dates can be found in most supermarkets and health food stores. Regular dates can be used, however they are drier and therefore not as sticky as medjool dates. If using regular dates, use more and soak them in water and drain first.
- If you find the bliss ball mixture is too crumbly and difficult to shape, add a bit of coconut oil or water to help them to stick. Squeeze them into shape with wet hands and store them in the fridge to firm up.
- Store these balls in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months in an airtight container, ready to add to lunchboxes!
Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 272mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 43IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1mg