Accessibility Statement for The Cooking Collective
Last updated January 28, 2021
Organization and Introduction;
The Cooking Collective owns a website known as The Cooking Collective located at www.thecookingcollective.com.au/
The Cooking Collective strives to ensure that its website is inclusive and meets website accessibility guidelines in order to help ensure the website is easier to use and more accessible for people with disabilities, with the strong belief that every person has the right to live with dignity, equality, comfort and independence.
Accessibility Standards Applied
The Cooking Collective continues its efforts to constantly improve the accessibility of its site and services in the belief that it is our collective moral obligation to allow seamless, accessible, and unhindered use also for those of us with disabilities.
The standard of compliance we work to meet is WCAG 2.1 Level A +AA.
To achieve this level of accessibility commitment we work with a Certified Accessibility Specialist who advises us on the areas in need of improvement and remediation.
We do not use accessibility overlays or widgets.
I am in the process of going through the recommendations made by our Accessibility Specialist and making improvements.
- Web pages can be navigated without the need for a mouse by tabbing with a keyboard. We are working on making improvements to the focus state.
- The site has not been formally tested with screen readers, but ongoing efforts are made to improve the screen reader experience.
- We will be updating the alt-text of the previously published photos in my posts and continually add them to all newly published photos
- The Cooking Collective tries to only use accessible themes, plugins and third party applications. However, since the developer of the products has sole access to the source code to make any accessibility modifications, there may be areas that we are unable to remediate.
- We are aware that the recipe index and shop are not fully accessible. We are making whatever adjustments we can on our end.
- Despite efforts to make all pages and content fully accessible, some content may not have yet been fully adapted to the strictest accessibility standards. This may be a result of not having found or identified the most appropriate technological solution, or the WordPress theme itself prevents remediation.
Additional Accessibility Considerations
We know that some advertisements interfere with readability and may be distracting. If you have a concern regarding the placement or type of ad displayed, such as auto playing video or animation, we welcome your feedback.