Fast, simple family dinner – on the table in a snap! You are just 15 minutes away from this delicious, tomato pasta – made using fresh cherry tomatoes and familiar pantry staples. A creamy tomato pasta sauce recipe that makes the perfect midweek meal – one that your whole family will love!
TOMATO WITH PASTA;
This flavour-packed creamy tomato pasta sauce recipe is made with fresh cherry tomatoes, herbs, garlic and cream cheese for a little creaminess. It makes the perfect affordable, simple and healthy weeknight meal. Being vegetarian, it is also perfect for Meat Free Monday, or any other day!
This creamy tomato pasta sauce recipe is perfect for those nights when you come home after a busy day and have no idea what to cook. I say this because if you open your pantry, you will probably have all of the ingredients ready to go and it is ready in no time!
Tomato with pasta is the perfect combo. From start to finish, this tomato pasta recipe is ready in less than 15 minutes and can be on the table in the time that it takes to cook the pasta! Healthy, quick dinner recipes are great for busy families. And this one is sure to win a spot in your family weeknight rotation.
CREAMY TOMATO PASTA SAUCE RECIPE;
This tomato pasta recipe is deliciously creamy without being overly heavy, because cream cheese is used in the sauce instead of cream.
You will need the following pantry staples;
- Dried pasta. Spaghetti, orecchiette, casarecce or spirals.
- Canned tomatoes.
- Dried herbs. Oregano and basil work perfectly with tomato. Or use your favourites Italian herb mix.
- Tomato paste.
- Salt and pepper (and optional chilli flakes).
- Olive oil.
And the following fresh ingredients;
- Fresh cherry tomatoes. Use any variety. Stir them through the pasta sauce in the last few minutes for delicious little bursts of sweetness.
- Cream cheese.
- Parmesan cheese.
- Baby spinach leaves.
- Fresh basil.
CREAMY TOMATO PASTA STEP BY STEP;
- Place the pasta into a pot of boiling water with some salt. All of the other steps are done while the pasta is cooking!
- Heat some olive oil in a pan and add the garlic, onion, dried herbs, salt and pepper.
- Stir through the tomato paste and canned tomatoes and simmer.
- Add the cream cheese, parmesan and cherry tomatoes and cook through.
- Once the tomatoes have burst and released their juices, add the cooked pasta and spinach leaves and stir to combine. Simple!
- Serve with fresh parmesan and torn basil leaves.
WHAT TO ADD TO TOMATO PASTA;
This creamy tomato sauce recipe with pasta makes a filling, delicious family meal on its own. But if you prefer, try adding some chopped sundried tomatoes for a little extra punch. Or try cooked chicken breast, crispy bacon, roasted pumpkin or your own flavour twist.
Add your favourite veggies, try adding a little lemon juice, chilli flakes or paprika. Or for an even healthier option, try replacing the pasta for zucchini zoodles!
For some other fast midweek healthy family meals that you will love, try these recipes!
- family sized chicken burrito bowl
- Mexican chicken and vegetable soup
- easy bbq pork tacos
- vegetarian chilli with sweet potato wedges
If you try this creamy tomato pasta sauce recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Feel free to leave a comment or review below, or send me a message. For more food inspiration, tips and to share your own recipes and creations, head over to my Facebook Recipe Group.
Creamy Tomato Pasta Sauce Recipe
- 400 grams dried pasta spaghetti, casarecce or other dried pasta
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 onion large, chopped
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- 1 tsp basil dried
- 1/4 tsp salt and cracked pepper, to taste. Chilli flakes are optional
- 4 tbsp tomato paste heaped tablespoons
- 2 x 400g cans crushed tomatoes
- 70 grams cream cheese
- 60 grams parmesan finely grated
- 350 grams cherry tomatoes whole
- 80 grams fresh spinach leaves
- fresh basil leaves
- extra grated parmesan
- Place the pasta into a large pot of boiling water and a teaspoon of salt. Stir and allow to cook until tender.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the olive oil, garlic, onion, dried herbs, salt and pepper into a large pan over medium heat.
- Cook until tender. Add the tomato paste and canned tomatoes and increase the heat to high. Allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese, parmesan and cherry tomatoes and simmer until the tomatoes become soft enough to burst.
- Add the cooked and drained pasta and spinach leaves and stir until combined. Serve immediately with fresh basil leaves and grated parmesan. Enjoy!
Subscribe to The Cooking Collective to have more beautiful recipes, freebies and more delivered straight to your inbox.