Learn how to make homemade lemonade from scratch with this easy 3 ingredient lemonade recipe, made with real lemon juice! Fast, delicious and refreshing, try it at summertime with a tall, icy glass or mix it into your favourite cocktail. The perfect summer crowd pleaser!
RECIPE-LEMONADE WITH LEMON JUICE;
This delicious and refreshing homemade lemonade with simple syrup only requires 3 ingredients! Freshly squeezed lemon juice, sugar (or your preferred sweetener) and water.
Homemade lemonade is the perfect summertime drink to cool you down. It can be served for parties (it makes a great additive free kids’ party drink), entertaining or as a base mixer for cocktails.
The best thing about making your own homemade lemonade is that you can make it as tart or as sweet as you like. Lemon is my all-time favourite flavour, so I prefer mine to be tart and with a big lemon punch! But you can adjust the flavour ratio to your own preference by adding more lemon for a tart flavour, or more sweetener and water for a more mild and sweet flavour.
HOMEMADE LEMONADE INGREDIENTS;
To make this recipe for homemade lemonade with lemon juice, you only need these 3 ingredients. And to make it as easy as possible, they are all in equal quantities! 1:1:1; 1 part water, 1 part sugar, 1 part lemon juice. This easy ratio makes it simple to multiply the ingredients for more serves;
- Lemon juice. Freshly squeezed lemon juice tastes SO much better than store bought juice. Use real lemons, where possible. You will be so glad that you did!
- Sugar (or sweetener). This lemonade recipe uses a simple syrup made of white sugar. Or, substitute the sugar for a natural sweetener of your choice. Simple syrup is super easy to make and can be used in cocktails like these lime mojitos.
- Water. Equal parts water and sugar are boiled together to make a simple syrup. When you are ready to serve the lemonade, add chilled water and ice.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE LEMONADE;
Who wants some ice cold, refreshing lemonade made from scratch?! Grab a glass and follow these simple steps;
- Make the simple syrup. Place the sugar and water in a small saucepan and simmer until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the lemon juice. Remove the sugar syrup from the heat and stir through the lemon juice. Allow to cool.
- Add cold water and ice cubes. When ready to serve, add the simple syrup, ice, chilled water and 2-3 extra sliced lemons to a large pitcher. You can also add sprigs of mint or basil for extra flavour.
WHICH LEMONS ARE BEST FOR LEMONADE?
Homemade lemonade with lemons is the most refreshing drink ever! Especially when made with freshly squeezed lemon juice and the best quality lemons. Where possible, Meyer lemons are best for fresh lemonade. We moved house recently, and my only regret was leaving the most beautiful Meyer Lemon tree behind! We planted it and nurtured it for six years and it was perfection. Meyer lemons are juicer, sweeter and packed with a sweet lemon flavour, perfect for a punchy lemonade.
OR TRY THIS HEALTHY, REFINED SUGAR FREE LEMONADE RECIPE;
Do you prefer your drinks to be healthier and free from refined sugars? Homemade lemonade gives you the option to add natural sweeteners like honey, stevia or maple syrup. And you also have the ability to control how much sweetener you choose to add.
If you choose a natural sweetener over white sugar, there’s no need to simmer the simple syrup to dissolve the sugar. Just add the syrup to the lemon juice until dissolved and then add water. Voila! Instant lemonade.
HOW TO MAKE PINK LEMONADE;
Use this homemade lemonade recipe as a base and vary the flavours by making some simple additions. For pink lemonade, add cranberry juice to your preferred taste. To make strawberry lemonade, simply add 250 grams of hulled and blended strawberries. Make your own variations by adding seasonal fruits of your choice.
HOW TO STORE HOMEMADE LEMONADE;
Freshly made lemonade can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
The simple syrup concentrate (lemon juice added) can be made ahead of time and stored for up to 2 weeks in the fridge. Or, freeze the lemon syrup in a sealed bag or ice cube trays and add the thawed syrup to chilled water when required.
The quantities of this easy lemonade recipe with simple syrup can be increased to serve more people and the sugar and lemon quantities can be varied to suit your preferred taste.
If you love lemons as much as me, try these other recipes made with fresh lemons!
- homemade lemon meringue pie
- lemon meringue cupcakes
- lemon syrup cake
- homemade lemon butter
- lemon bliss balls
- lemon curd slice
If you try this delicious recipe for lemonade with lemon juice, I’d love to hear about it! Feel free to leave a comment or review below, or send me a message. For more food inspiration, tips and to share your own recipes and creations, head over to my Facebook Recipe Group.
Recipe- Lemonade with Lemon Juice
For the lemon syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar or sweetener of choice, to taste
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 8 cups water chilled
- ice cubes
- 2-3 lemons extra, sliced
- mint sprigs optional
For the lemon syrup
- Place the sugar and water together in a saucepan and simmer over medium heat, stirring, until the sugar has just dissolved.
- Remove the sugar syrup from the heat and stir through the lemon juice. Allow to cool.
- Add the syrup to a pitcher with the chilled water, ice and extra lemon slices- and fresh mint if you prefer. Enjoy!
Subscribe to The Cooking Collective to have more beautiful recipes, freebies and more delivered straight to your inbox.
[products limit=”4″ columns=”4″ orderby=”rand”]