These healthy lemon delicious bliss balls are sweet, zingy and full of flavour! Kid-friendly and free from nuts, refined sugars and additives, they make the perfect lunchbox or work snack for all ages.
Lemons are my favourite ingredient to cook with. I LOVE to make sweet desserts like lemon tart, lemon meringue pie, lemon slice, lemon butter… anything with lemon makes me smile! But when I want something a little healthier, these sweet balls are the perfect guilt free treat. They are a healthier version of lemon slice, rolled into bite sized little balls.
The best thing about these lemon delicious bliss balls is that they can be made and ready to eat in less than five minutes! All of the ingredients are simply placed into a food processor together- that’s it! And, they are freezer friendly too. Perfect for storage and quick and convenient school lunches.
I always love adding extra lemon flavour to my cooking. But you can control the intensity of the lemon by adding the zest of either one or two lemons depending on your preference. Or, omit it entirely if you prefer a more subtle lemon flavour.
These delicious balls keep in the fridge for 7-10 days, or can be frozen and popped into lunchboxes when required.
If you love lemon as much as me, you might like to try these recipes too;
Lemon Bliss Balls
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla paste or extract
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- zest of two lemons
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- Place all of the ingredients together in a food processor and blend until all of the ingredients come together and become slightly sticky. This may take 1-2 minutes.
- Roll the mixture into balls (makes 20-22) and roll them in extra coconut.
- Chill in an airtight container in the fridge, or freeze in a container until required. Enjoy!
Subscribe to The Cooking Collective to have more beautiful recipes, freebies and more delivered straight to your inbox.